About the Agency
A successful candidate in this position will initiate, formulate, plan, execute, and control of major mathematical statistical studies or continuing projects, to provide foundations for important segments of primary statistical projects of the Energy Information Administration (EIA).
As a Mathematical/Survey Statistician, you will:
At the GS-7 level:
At the GS-9 level:
- Participates in facets of planning, designing, and conducting tests to obtain and validate data.
- Prepares draft reports and charts to document specific study purposes, methods, and results of assigned project or study segments.
- Compiles, organizes and analyzes data, applying basic theories and standard techniques of the subject matter.
At the GS-11 level:
- Participates in evaluations of impact of new technologies, systems and policies.
- Participates in briefings on progress and conclusions of studies.
- Selects and modifies appropriate methods of operation, analyzes and interprets results, and prepares reports.
At the GS-12 level:
- Develops priorities, milestones and refinements of problem definitions for assigned project segments.
- Recommends alternatives when the situations for possible changes arise.
- Participates in the planning, designing and conducting tests to obtain and validate data.
- Analyze findings, evaluates mathematical statistical data, and specifies the possible explanations.
- Plans, organizes statistical surveys for collecting verifying, processing, analyzing, and summarizing and presenting information.