The incumbent serves as a Metrics Analyst for the Voice of America Language Programming, Office of Digital Strategy in Washington, DC.
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Note: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
The Broadcasting Board of Governors is conveniently located within walking distance to the Green, Yellow and Blue Metro lines.
INTRODUCTION TO AGENCY
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), an independent federal agency, is an exciting, multi cultural organization that encompasses all U.S. civilian international broadcasting. The BBG is comprised of the Voice of America, which delivers high quality, multimedia programming in 44 languages to audiences worldwide; the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti); the International Broadcasting Bureau, which provides transmission, administrative, and other support services; and three grantee organizations - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia. Our staff of dedicated professionals serves as an example of a free and independent media, reaching a worldwide audience with news, information, and relevant discussions.
The Full Performance Level:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Uses analytics tools like Omniture, Google Analytics and other emerging metrics packages, rewrites and constantly reevaluates specifications, tests those tags, and builds custom reports and dashboard for end-users across the agency.
- Parse data from log files and be able to manipulate and cross tabulate large data sets in programs like Excel.
- Works with query languages like SQL and will occasionally work on a command line. Stays abreast of industry developments and will move seamlessly from backend implementation to use-facing tools.
- Develops data-driven recommendations on a service-by-service level, as well as broader agency-wide guidance.
- Creates graphics and visualizations that explain the underlying data and accompanying recommendations and explains reports, analysis and recommendations to relevant parties.
- Defines an evolving framework for collecting, reporting and analyzing audience behavior with the goal of increasing conversion, retention, loyalty and engagement in the context of VOA's broader strategic goals.
- Works closely with stakeholders outside of VOA, including the Broadcasting Board of Governors, to incorporate digital metrics information and analysis into research products and public reports.