About the Agency
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-PN-VA-SRA-14-161 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework only during an emergency or natural disaster.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Biological Science Technician. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is an opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
The career ladder promotion potential of this position is the GS-07 level. However, this position may be filled at a lower grade. If so, when and if it is determined that a subsequent promotion is warranted, it may be made without further competition. Promotion up to and including the GS-07 level is neither guaranteed nor automatic.
Location – Cascade, Idaho http://www.usbr.gov/pn/about/hr/area-information.html
Payment of travel and relocation expenses will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
The employee will be guaranteed a minimum of 6 months, not-to-exceed 11 months, of work each season.
- Educates public to the Resource Management Plan
- Oversees contract work and volunteer habitat improvement projects
- Assists with preparation and presentation for public meetings
- Inspects, designs, and replaces signage and performs other minor maintenance
- Monitors contractors, inspects materials, and reports contract progress
- Uses GPS tools and software and other office software
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.