To qualify for this position you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the FV-H, FG/GS-12 in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience may include but is not limited to: experience establishing engineering criteria, designing, analyzing, testing/evaluating to the criteria, correcting deficiencies and reporting/recording results; actual work experience on an incident or accident; experience improving individual and team performance; independent preparation of correspondence, advisory material, reports, directives memoranda, and on controversial or complex technical issues; different communication styles i.e. team environment, conferences, meetings or as the presenter.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
1. Knowledge of risk analysis techniques used to analyze and evaluate the safety and reliability of systems or components, for example root cause analysis, Weibull analysis, statistical trend analysis, and data base methods. (Identify the analysis techniques you have used and how your analysis impacted the safety and reliability of systems or components).
2. Knowledge of principles and practices of aerospace engineering related to safety assessment of aircraft. (Provide examples of how you used knowledge of aerospace engineering to assure aircraft safety.)
3. Ability to foster the open exchange of technical ideas and information in order to develop engineering solutions to resolve complex issues that involve input from different FAA and/or other organizations. (Describe the strategies you have used to enhance communication of technical information and how you integrated that information to achieve the desired outcome).
4. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both speech and writing in the English language, compelling others to take courses of action, instructing others to carry out activities, and explaining the purposes, goals, and objectives of policies and regulations. (Describe the documents you have
written and how they compelled others to accomplish the required objectives).
5. Ability to develop mutually rewarding relationships with fellow employees, industry, and stakeholders. All corporate activities are conducted to the highest ethical standards by communicating effectively, remaining flexible, respecting differing opinions, and exercising patience in challenging situations. (Describe how you develop relationships with fellow employees and internal customers, external customers and other stakeholders.)
IMPORTANT: Ensure that your work experience supports your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) answers. Your answers and associated work experience will be evaluated further to validate whether the answers that you selected are appropriate. Answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
EDUCATION: Successful completion of a full 4-year professional engineering curriculum leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in engineering in an accredited college/university. To be acceptable, the curriculum must (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses in 5 of the following 7 areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statistics, dynamics (b) strength of materials (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics (d) thermodynamics (e) electrical fields and circuits (f) nature and properties of materials or (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics, OR A COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE.
To qualify based on education, you must submit a copy of your college transcripts. Failure to do so will result in loss of consideration. If selected, official transcripts will be required.
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated.
To preview the application questionnaire, click the following link: View Application Questionnaire