About the Agency
Our flexible work opportunities for students allow you to gather real professional experience and meaningful contacts as you begin your career. You will have the opportunity to see how both the federal government and our agency operate. Together, we ensure that the daily operations at NSF run smoothly and serve the needs of the science, engineering and education communities to produce results. Join us today! More about NSF.
Positions under this vacancy announcement will be filled using hiring authorities under the Pathways Programs.
This is an opportunity under the Internship Program component of the Pathways Program. The Internship Program provides students enrolled in high schools, colleges, trade schools and other qualifying educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while completing their education. Veteran's Preference will be applied in filling these positions.
• Eligible interns must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited academic institution and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
• Interns can be hired for Internship positions at any time during the year.
• Interns typically work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer, winter, and spring vacations.
• Interns will be on indefinite appointments during their period of eligibility under the Internship Program.
• Interns will be required to sign an agreement that outlines the parameters of the Internship Program during employment with NSF.
• The Internship Program allows students an opportunity to be converted non-competitively to a career-conditional or term position once the student completes all requirements of the Internship Program.
• Noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term position is not guaranteed. The Intern's eligibility for conversion does not guarantee that the agency will opt for conversion.
Our Student Trainees (Administrative) are clerical positions. They provide support to National Science Foundation scientists and administrators who promote and fund the best possible awards through grants. These positions can be your first step into a fulfilling career at NSF.
As a Student Trainee (Administrative) you will:
* Assist with typing a variety of documents
* Enter data using software such as Excel and PowerPoint
* Screening and routing incoming correspondence
* Establish and maintain files in connection with work of the office
* Assist with visitors and answering incoming calls to the office