Agency: National Science Foundation
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Our flexible work opportunities for students allow you to gather real professional experience and meaningful contacts as you begin your career. You will have the opportunity to see how both the federal government and our agency operate. Together, we ensure that the daily operations at NSF run smoothly and serve the needs of the science, engineering and education communities to produce results. Join us today! More about NSF.
Positions under this vacancy announcement will be filled using hiring authorities under the Pathways Programs.
This is an opportunity under the Internship Program component of the Pathways Program. The Internship Program provides students enrolled in high schools, colleges, trade schools and other qualifying educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while completing their education. Veteran's Preference will be applied in filling these positions.
• Eligible interns must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited academic institution and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
• Interns can be hired for Internship positions at any time during the year.
• Interns typically work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer, winter, and spring vacations.
• Interns will be on indefinite appointments during their period of eligibility under the Internship Program.
• Interns will be required to sign an agreement that outlines the parameters of the Internship Program during employment with NSF.
• The Internship Program allows students an opportunity to be converted non-competitively to a career-conditional or term position once the student completes all requirements of the Internship Program.
• Noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term position is not guaranteed. The Intern's eligibility for conversion does not guarantee that the agency will opt for conversion.
- You must type 40 words per minute with no more than 3 errors.
- You must have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- You must be taking at least a half-time course load.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.