About the Agency
The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
In this position, you will serve as a member of an Inspector General (IG) team conducting inspections, providing assistance, and supporting investigations of activities of the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), and its graduate schools, centers, and institutes to assess compliance with regulatory requirements, effectiveness of ongoing operations, and ability to accomplish the mission.
- Assess Naval Post Graduate School (NPS)s compliance with regulatory requirements, effectiveness of ongoing operations, and ability to accomplish its mission.
- Plan and execute inspections and evaluations directed by the NPS Inspector General (OG) or requested by the NPS President.
- Receive, process, and take action on requests for IG assistance from military or civilian personnel.
- Collect and analyze data from variety of sources. (Defense Travel System, Financial records, etc)
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is dependent upon postion description and availablitiy of funding