Job Title: Management & Program Analyst-DEUJob Announcement Number: OED-CSU-2014-0004
Agency: Federal Trade Commission
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Monday, April 14, 2014 to
Monday, April 28, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Competitive Service -
Permanent Full Time
1 vacancy in the following location:
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
All Qualified Candidates
Please note: If you would like to be considered under the Merit Promotion process, please apply to vacancy announcement number OED-CSU-2014-0002.
About the Agency
This position is located in the Office of the Executive Director (OED), Administrative Services Office (ASO), Customer Support Unit. ASO provides a wide variety of support services for the FTC. The incumbent serves as a Management and Program Analyst within in the Employee Customer Operations Branch. The incumbent reports to the Support Services Supervisor (Supervisor, Customer Support Unit).
- This position requires U.S. citizenship.
- This position is included in the bargaining unit.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
DUTIES:Back to top
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Managing the FTC Asset Management Program responsible for conducting periodic/assessments of assets throughout the FTC, researching and reviewing changes in regulations and updating FTC asset management policy. Works with the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) to ensure the accuracy of the asset management database, and works with the OCIO to develop and improve asset database(s).
- Conducts special studies and program evaluations in ASO functional areas. Identifies appropriate methodology; collects and analyzes data; develops reports reflective of the analysis; and recommends program enhancements, timelines, resources, etc. As appropriate, coordinates implementation of program enhancements upon approval of the Support Services Supervisor, ASO Director/Deputy Director, develops policy changes and/or conducts follow-up studies to assess outcome of these efforts with potential FTC-wide impact.
- Works with senior staff to promote understanding of and provide publicity for ASO functions and services for the benefit of potential customers. Prepares and coordinates presentations for the Director/Deputy Director, ASO.
- Serves as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) on various ASO contracts. Ensures contractors comply with all of the requirements of the statement of work, specifications, or performance work statement and regularly provides technical direction to the contractor’s project manager. Reviews the contractor’s invoices/vouchers for reasonableness, applicability and forwards discrepancies to the Contracting Officer with recommendations on addressing such discrepancies. Inspects and oversees services provided under the contracts and evaluates the contractor’s performance at least annually. Remains in compliance with COR training requirements and adheres or exceeds the FTC established timeframes and deadlines.
- Responsible for the FTC warehouse and inventory. Serves as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) over the contract responsible for the transportation of items to and from the warehouse from FTC HQ buildings and the two IT Systems that manage the inventory control of items in the warehouse.
- Serves as the COR over the mail services and FTC copy centers contracts. Mail services include pick-up and delivery of mail in all three FTC locations, daily priority mail shipments to FTC Regional Offices, Express Mail (FedEx) and United Parcel Service (UPS) services, and courier services in the Washington, DC area. The FTC copy centers are responsible for providing copying services for most FTC publications and other documents that are reproduced in large quantities.
- Serves as the COR over the event support contracts. These contracts are responsible for managing reservations for the major conference rooms and hearing rooms, set-up and logistics support to include furniture set-up, transportation, logistical accommodation of the media and other visitors, and security arrangements.
- Responsible for serving as the COR over the transportation contracts to include the FTC shuttle service vans and drivers.
- Serves are the Government Printing Office (GPO) liaison by coordinating printing and reproduction work with GPO that cannot be accomplished in-house and orders publications from GPO and maintains distribution lists for publications.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Specialized Experience at the GS-12: Possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level, or its non-Federal equivalent which may be demonstrated by handling an Asset Management Program, conducting studies on administrative services functions, and serving as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
Specialized Experience at the GS-13: Possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level, or its non-Federal equivalent which may be demonstrated by having expert knowledge of an Asset Management Program, conducting studies and preparing policies for administrative service functions, and experience serving as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
Individuals applying for this announcement are required to complete and submit an online application and all supporting documentation through the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) application system, USAJOBS.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For information on how FTC determines the best qualified candidates click here.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Individuals applying for this announcement are required to complete and submit an online application through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) application system, USAJOBS. The information you provide in USAJOBS is general information completed by all candidates. That information and your resume will become part of your application and will automatically be transferred to FT-SEE when you apply online. The submission of anything other than the below online application will result in you not being considered for this job.
If applying online poses a hardship to any applicant, please contact us. Applicants must contact us at 202-326-2021 prior to the closing date to speak to someone who can provide assistance for online submission. Requests for extensions will not be granted.
There are several parts of the application process that will affect your overall evaluation:
1. Your online resume (See Step 1 below).
2. Your responses to the eligibility questions.
3. Your responses to the vacancy specific self-assessment questions.
4. Submission of supporting documentation (See instructions under the "Required Documentation" section of this posting).
You have until 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date of this announcement to complete the following four-step application process:
STEP 1: To apply, you must first register on USAJOBS at www.usajobs.opm.gov and have at least one resume associated with your account. Your online resume must be built using the USAJOBS resume builder or you can upload an existing resume from your computer. You must submit a resume to be considered for this position. Once you have completed the registration process, thoroughly review this vacancy announcement and then select the "Apply Online" button and follow the instructions provided.
STEP 2: After selecting a resume to submit with your application package, you will be taken to FT-SEE to answer questions related to your experience and vacancy specific questions. The answers to the questions are necessary to evaluate your qualifications for the specific job to which you are applying. When completed, the information you provided through USAJOBS and the answers to the FT-SEE questions will become your application.
STEP 3: Review your resume to make certain that it supports your responses to the questions. Once you submit your online application, you will see a screen telling you that your application has been successfully transmitted. If you do not receive this confirmation, you have not successfully completed your application.
STEP 4: Submit Supporting Documentation, as necessary.
NOTE: Paper applications and information sent by mail WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
To help you ensure your application fully outlines your qualifications and eligibility for this position, please submit the following documentation as appropriate. Some of the items listed may not apply to you.
APPLICATION PACKAGE CHECKLIST
__ Announcement number, title, and grade(s) of the position
__ Full name, mailing address (including zip code) and day and evening phone numbers (with area code)
__ Statement that you are a U.S. citizen
__ Current Federal employees serving on a competitive career or career conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible must submit a copy of their most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50).
__Copy of DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) (only if claiming veteran's preference)
__SF-15 (Application for 10-point Veteran's Preference) plus the support documentation required by this form (if claiming 10-point veteran's preference)
__ Paid and non-paid work experience related to the position. For each period of Work experience include:
___Series/grade (if Federal employment)
___Duties and accomplishments
___Employer's name and address
___Supervisor's name and contact information
___Starting and ending dates of employment (month/day/year)
___Number of hours worked per week
___Indicate if we may contact current supervisor/employer
___Other job related information, such as training courses (title & year); skills (e.g., other languages, computer software/hardware, tools, etc.)
___Honors, awards, and special accomplishments
___A Legible copy of college transcripts (if qualifying all or in part on the basis of Education for this position)
___Support documentation for eligibility for special hiring authorities, such as disability, Peace Corps service, etc.