About the Agency
This position is located in the Office of the Executive Director (OED), Administrative Services Office (ASO), Customer Support Unit. ASO provides a wide variety of support services for the FTC. The incumbent serves as a Management and Program Analyst within in the Employee Customer Operations Branch. The incumbent reports to the Support Services Supervisor (Supervisor, Customer Support Unit).
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Managing the FTC Asset Management Program responsible for conducting periodic/assessments of assets throughout the FTC, researching and reviewing changes in regulations and updating FTC asset management policy. Works with the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) to ensure the accuracy of the asset management database, and works with the OCIO to develop and improve asset database(s).
- Conducts special studies and program evaluations in ASO functional areas. Identifies appropriate methodology; collects and analyzes data; develops reports reflective of the analysis; and recommends program enhancements, timelines, resources, etc. As appropriate, coordinates implementation of program enhancements upon approval of the Support Services Supervisor, ASO Director/Deputy Director, develops policy changes and/or conducts follow-up studies to assess outcome of these efforts with potential FTC-wide impact.
- Works with senior staff to promote understanding of and provide publicity for ASO functions and services for the benefit of potential customers. Prepares and coordinates presentations for the Director/Deputy Director, ASO.
- Serves as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) on various ASO contracts. Ensures contractors comply with all of the requirements of the statement of work, specifications, or performance work statement and regularly provides technical direction to the contractor’s project manager. Reviews the contractor’s invoices/vouchers for reasonableness, applicability and forwards discrepancies to the Contracting Officer with recommendations on addressing such discrepancies. Inspects and oversees services provided under the contracts and evaluates the contractor’s performance at least annually. Remains in compliance with COR training requirements and adheres or exceeds the FTC established timeframes and deadlines.
- Responsible for the FTC warehouse and inventory. Serves as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) over the contract responsible for the transportation of items to and from the warehouse from FTC HQ buildings and the two IT Systems that manage the inventory control of items in the warehouse.
- Serves as the COR over the mail services and FTC copy centers contracts. Mail services include pick-up and delivery of mail in all three FTC locations, daily priority mail shipments to FTC Regional Offices, Express Mail (FedEx) and United Parcel Service (UPS) services, and courier services in the Washington, DC area. The FTC copy centers are responsible for providing copying services for most FTC publications and other documents that are reproduced in large quantities.
- Serves as the COR over the event support contracts. These contracts are responsible for managing reservations for the major conference rooms and hearing rooms, set-up and logistics support to include furniture set-up, transportation, logistical accommodation of the media and other visitors, and security arrangements.
- Responsible for serving as the COR over the transportation contracts to include the FTC shuttle service vans and drivers.
- Serves are the Government Printing Office (GPO) liaison by coordinating printing and reproduction work with GPO that cannot be accomplished in-house and orders publications from GPO and maintains distribution lists for publications.