About the Agency
A successful candidate in this position will serve as a Librarian for the Department-wide scientific and technical information (STI) program for the Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI) supporting OSTI's effort to build and maintain agreements with the journal publishing community to provide free public access to DOE's scholarly R&D literature and by performing analytical, evaluative, and coordinative work related to the implementation of STI policy.
As a Librarian, you will:
- Serve as the interface coordinator for DOE's implementation of public access to scholarly journals;
- Mine and analyze OSTI information holdings in support of gap analysis activities;
- Develop methods to identify and compile scholarly literature emanating from DOE-funded research.
- Serve as a liaison with DOE Field and contractor STI points of contact;
- Facilitating integration of STI activities and objectives into Departmental Programs and activities;
- Coordinate with Departmental information management and information acquisition activities and staff; and
- Advise OSTI staff on library resources, including books, photographs, published and unpublished audio and video recordings, archival materials, electronic database information, digital materials, electronic journals, and bibliographic citations.