The incumbent serves as the Director, Financial Operations in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer of the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), serves as the expert advisor for financial operations and provides leadership to manager and employers who perform Financial Operations (such as reporting, analysis, services, and systems).
THIS POSITION IS NOT COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Note: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
The Broadcasting Board of Governors is conveniently located within walking distance to the Green, Yellow and Blue Metro lines.
INTRODUCTION TO AGENCY
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), an independent federal agency, is an exciting, multi cultural organization that encompasses all U.S. civilian international broadcasting. The BBG is comprised of the Voice of America, which delivers high quality, multimedia programming in 44 languages to audiences worldwide; the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti); the International Broadcasting Bureau, which provides transmission, administrative, and other support service; and three grantee organizations - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia. Our staff of dedicated professionals serves as an example of a free and independent media, reaching a worldwide audience with news, information, and relevant discussions.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises and manages the activities for the financial operations division, coordinates the work of the division, delegates work assignments, ensures accurate and timely financial reporting and produce auditable financial statements.
- Implements account and financial policies as well as procedural requirements for Federal accounting and reporting activities that are applicable to the BBG.
- Provides financial accounting related to procurements, payments, billings and collections, payroll, travel, month-end and year-end closings, and other services.
- Directs accounting and consolidated financial reporting, with emphasis on issuance of Agency financial statements that receive unmodified (clean) audit opinion, as as well as provision of financial information that supports management decision-making.
- Performs internal reviews for testing across the BBG for compliance with internal controls and financial policy as required under the CFO Act and OMB Circular A-123.
- Coordinate the annual financial audit as well as the audit resolution and follow-up activities for the Inspector General and Government Accounting Office as required under OMB Circulars A-50 and A-133.
- Directs financial systems and compliance activities.