The position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer of the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG). the incumbent serves as the Budget Compliance Director responsible for directing the staff in the development, oversight, and delivering of financial resources and services for the BBG program offices and its grantees.
THIS POSITION IS NOT COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Note: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
The Broadcasting Board of Governors is conveniently located within walking distance to the Green, Yellow and Blue Metro lines.
INTRODUCTION TO AGENCY
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), an independent federal agency, is an exciting, multi cultural organization that encompasses all U.S. civilian international broadcasting. The BBG is comprised of the Voice of America, which delivers high quality, multimedia programming in 44 languages to audiences worldwide; the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti); the International Broadcasting Bureau, which provides transmission, administrative, and other support service; and three grantee organizations - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia. Our staff of dedicated professionals serves as an example of a free and independent media, reaching a worldwide audience with news, information, and relevant discussions.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Formulates, executes, analyzes, and defends the BBG budget; manages the corporate funds control process; serves as the external liaison for the BBG on matters related to its budget; manages the grants and currency loss programs; ensures tax compliance; and supports customer through effective travel, passport, payroll, funding and payments services.
- Manages and assists in the preparation and submission of all agency financial resources documents and ad-hoc reports to OMB, Congress and Treasury (e.g., budget development, Hill Notices, budget data requests, prompt payment, FTW, travel, etc.).
- Performs or oversees the performance of fund and grants administration, fiscal operations, risk assessments, ongoing analyses, reconciliations, and interpretation of financial date (from grantees and NNG) to determine if the information is accurate, complete and informative.
- Resolves complex analysis and reporting problems (e.g., coding structure, data standardization, impacts of Congressional and OMB budgetary decisions on agency's resources plan) encountered in the oversight, analysis, reconciliation and consolidation of financial and performance reports applicable to all BBG appropriations and funds.
- Provides key support to the annual financial statement audit, A-123 program, and other external audits/reviews (by OIG, GAO, IRS, etc.) as required.
- Performs the full range of supervisory duties such as planning, scheduling and assigning work and set priorities and may serve as a Contacting Officer's Representative (COR)