About the Agency
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-PN-VA-GC-14-130 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on your expertise as an Electrical Engineer. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands working at the largest hydro-electric Powerplant in North America - Grand Coulee Dam.
These positions are for the Grand Coulee Power Office’s Engineer Training Program. The program provides development opportunities for newly hired engineers. The program provides new employees with a broad knowledge of Reclamation activities and resources, and lays the foundation for developing a versatile, efficient, and flexible engineering staff.
Participants will be employees of Grand Coulee Power Office and will participate in rotational deployment to various offices and functions at Grand Coulee, and will require extended travel and temporary duty assignments to the Regional Office in Boise, ID, the Technical Service Center in Denver, CO, and to other offices and facilities.
After the completion of the Engineer Training Program, employees wIll be assigned to positions as:
- Powerhouse O&M Electrical Engineer
- Capital projects and planning group Electrical Engineer.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with stellar growth potential! Great Benefits Package: paid vacation, sick days, holidays, health and life insurance and an excellent retirement package!
Promotion to the Full Performance Level: The career ladder promotion potential of this position is the GS-12 level. However, this position may be filled at a lower grade. If so, when and if it is determined that a subsequent promotion is warranted, it may be made without further competition. Promotion up to and including the GS-12 level is neither guaranteed nor automatic.
Location - Grand Coulee, WA http://www.usbr.gov/pn/about/hr/area-information.html .
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
You will ultimately:
- Provide electrical engineering expertise on maintenance of electrical equipment and installation of new electrical equipment for the powerplants, switchyard, Dam and associated facilities.
- Prepare design modifications and specifications to modify, replace, or rehabilitate diverse and often complex systems, or components of such of such systems.
- 25% or Greater
- During the first two years, this position will complete rotational assignments of 2 weeks to as long as 3 months at various reclamation facilities as part of the Engineer Training Program.