In order to qualify, you must meet the
education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education,
your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional
information about transcripts is in this document.
required: To qualify based on your work experience,
your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to
do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: demonstrating
experience with military personnel regulations, policies or directives;
demonstrating fact findings skills to determine appropriate actions necessary
to accomplish task; utilize knowledge of information management regulations to prepare
correspondence and mailings, maintain records and files.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the
next lower grade/level position in the federal service.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your
level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Knowledge of Military Personnel Programs
Ability to Use Automated Systems
Ability to Communicate in Writing
Skill in Customer Service
Ability to Organize Workload
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute
your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job,
you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
1) Education alone: Education may be substituted for specialized experience
with 4 years of education above high school.
2) Combination of education and specialized experience: A combination of
education and specialized experience may be used to qualify for this position
as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%.
To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of
qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of undergraduate
education in excess of 2 years by 60. Add the 2 percentages.
Note: For the purpose of qualifications, 1 full year of undergraduate education
is equivalent to 30 semester hours.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Defense National Relocation Program (DNRP) will not be authorized.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.