Job Title:Forestry Aid/Technician (Fire), GS-0462-03/04
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
Job Announcement Number:CRPA 101/14
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$25,181.00 to $36,746.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, April 07, 2014 to Sunday, April 27, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Truxton, AZ View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Indian Preference Eligible’s / Current Federal Status Employees or Former Federal Employees with Reinstatement Eligibility.|
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life, promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indians, Indian tribes and Alaska Natives.
Vacancy ID: 1089199
FORESTRY AID/TECHNICIAN (FIRE),
Truxton Canon Agency,
Peach Springs, Arizona
GS-03: $25,181 - $32,733 Per Annum
GS-04: $28,269 - $36,764 Per Annum
The position is located on a fire crew as a crewmember within the fire management organization. The purpose of this position is wildland fire suppression/management/control, as a skilled firefighter on an engine, helitack module or hand crew. Other wildland fire related duties involve fire prevention, patrol, detection or prescribed burning. The incumbent will be involved with the maintenance and repair of firefighting tools, equipment, and facilities and will receive fire training.
- This is an arduous position and is subject to drug testing, medical examination, and physical fitness testing.
- This is a permanent, full-time seasonal position and is subject to furlough when services are not needed due to lack of work, funds, or unforeseen circumstances.
- If the position is filled at a lower grade level, subsequent promotion to the next grade level will be processed without further competition under the Merit Promotion Program at such time as performance and qualification requirements are met and classification review discloses the duties being performed properly warrant classification to the next higher grade level.
- This position is also being advertised under Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) Vacancy Announcement Number CRPA-D1416, (VIN: 1092505).Applicants who wish to be considered under both Merit Promotion and Competitive Procedures must submit a separate application to each Announcement. Your application under this notice will be considered only for this Merit Promotion Vacancy Announcement.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7). Consideration will be given to non-Indian applicants (Status or Reinstatement eligibles) in the absence of a qualified Indian Preference eligible.
- Occasional Travel
- Work may require travel by light fixed-wing or rotor-wing aircraft.
- U.S. Citizenship is Required.
- Appointment may include a requirement for one year probationary period.
- Applications will only be accepted online or by Fax to 1-478-757-3144.