The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located in the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Research Technologies Branch (RTB), Research Technologies Section (RTS) , at the Rocky Mountain Laboratories in Hamilton, Montana.
As a Biologist you will lead and conduct Next Generation Gene Sequencing data analysis in the Research Technologies Branch. Additionally, you will perform the following duties and functions:
- Independently plan, develop, implement, and manage all Next Generation Sequencing data analysis efforts, approaches, and protocols under study.
- Utilize Illumina and Roche 454-specific software, hardware, and server systems to analyze Next Generation Sequencing data including Linux and Unix operating systems.
- Evaluate progress of Next Generation Sequencing data analysis efforts to ensure that they are proceeding as planned.
- Develop new Next Generation Gene Sequencing data analysis methods and collect, analyze, organize, and record Next Generation Sequencing data appropriate for publication and future reference by others.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of local Central Processing Units (CPUs) which interface with a wide range of servers and Information Technology (IT) equipment.