About the Agency
This position is located in the U. S. Department of the Interior (DOI), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Assistant Inspector General for Audits, Inspections, and Evaluations (AIE). The AIE manages, supervises, coordinates, and conducts audits, inspections and evaluations relating to DOI programs and operations, including, but not limited to, waste, abuse and mismanagement in such programs and operations of the DOI employees, contractors, grantees, lessees, or any other persons or entities doing business with the DOI. The incumbent of this position serves as an entry-level auditor who participates in performance and financial audits and evaluations as a member of a team.
This is an open continuous announcement for multiple locations in the Audits, Inspections, and Evaluations Office. Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official for consideration two weeks after the opening date of the announcement. Applications will be referred to the selecting official for consideration when a position is available. Qualified candidates will be considered for all vacancies that occur within the time period of this announcement.
- Participate in the planning of moderately complex projects which include reviewing and evaluating procedures or programs for economy, efficiency, and effectiveness; and determining the extent of compliance with laws and regulations.
- Determine the relative significance of findings developed; assure that work performed adequately supports the conclusions reached or other rationales that contribute to positive program results; develop practical recommendations for corrective action.
- Assist in the development of audit and evaluation plans; participate in preliminary reviews of functions or activities to determine which areas to emphasize during assigned audits and evaluations.
- Prepare, within assigned areas, narrative and statistical reports, briefing materials covering review findings, and track and maintain multiple documents essential to the audit or evaluation.
- Brief team leader and/or internal management officials on findings and explains the significance of conclusions and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- 25% or Greater
- Significant travel is required