Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: General Counsel
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC View Map
The Department of Veterans Affairs is interested in attracting the best talent for our diverse cadre of SES members from within VA, the Federal government and the private sector. We have streamlined our recruitment process and now only require you to submit a 5-page resume to apply for this position.
This position is one of seven Assistant General Counsels serving in the Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of the General Counsel (OGC). The position is responsible for the management of employees in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area and certain employees working from remote locations. The position manages deputies, other supervisory personnel, attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and other administrative support staff. The website for this organization is http://www.va.gov/OGC/index.asp.
VA structures its SES positions into pay bands. This is a pay band 2 position and the salary range is $120,749-$175,400. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances.
A recruitment/relocation incentive and/or Appraised Value Offer may be authorized.
- Occasional Travel
- 25% or less
- US Citizenship is required
- Successful completion of background investigation & possible drug screening
- Selectee may be subject to geographic or organizational reassignment/travel
- Public Financial Disclosure Report is required
- One year probationary period for initial SES appointment
- Possession of a current and unrestricted license to practice law