Minimum Requirements: Experience, education or training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting advanced concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements. Experience assisting in the development of Human Resources policies and procedures. Experience advising management on Human Resources principles and practices.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume'.
1. Knowledge of, and skill in, applying a wide range of military personnel human resource management concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies and precedents; a wide range of military personnel concepts (recruitment, promotions, replacement, medical, retirement, etc
), practices, regulations, etc.; a full range of US laws, regulations, principles and practices sufficient to provide state level comprehensive military personnel management advisory and other technical services to organizational functions.
2. Knowledge of training and development principles, theories and methods.
3. Ability to interact with all levels of management in the delivery of human resource services requiring a broad approach and careful analysis.
4. Analytical, diagnostic, qualitative, and quantitative techniques sufficient to identify, evaluate, and recommend to management appropriate HR interventions to resolve complex interrelated HR problems and issues;
5. Working knowledge of how multiple automated systems are structured and modified in order to set up validation strategies for reports generated from system or to troubleshoot when systems do not work. Ability to use continually changing automated systems in order to get data in and out.
6. Skill in coordinating constantly changing program/project requirements in order to minimize disruptions.
7. Ability to participate in strategic planning to see where the organization is headed, to provide a pathway there, and to take full advantage of modern technology.
8. Written and oral communication techniques sufficient to develop and deliver briefings, project papers, status/staff reports, and correspondence to managers in order to foster understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations.
Quality of Experience: Level of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the Miscellaneous Administration and Program Positions.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of work of the position.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Officer (O2-O4) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (OFF BRANCH: 42B/H)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To validate your qualifications for this job, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, your rating will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.