Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement is the principal investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the second largest investigative agency in the Federal government. Created in 2003 through a merger of the investigative and interior enforcement elements of the U.S. Customs Service and the Immigration and Naturalization Service, ICE now has more than 20,000 employees in more than 400 offices in the United States and 47 foreign countries around the world. ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Acquisition Management, Washington, D.C.
This is a bargaining unit position.
As a Contract Specialist you will perform the following duties:
- Solicitation, administration, close-out and termination of purchase orders and contracts;
- Acquiring a wide variety of commodities including but not limited to furniture, telecommunication equipment, ammunition and surveillance equipment;
- Purchasing and/or managing a variety of service contracts including IT support services, financial management services, detention management services and guard services;
- Serving as a business advisor to a wide range of customers, advising customers of he pertinent program data required to successfully procure professional services and/or equipment.
You will be assigned to support a designated contracting section within Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Office of Acquisition Management (OAQ). We are seeking competent, experienced and mission focused Contract Specialists for dynamic acquisition assignments in the following areas:
- Information Technologies Software and Services
- Information Technology Hardware
- Mission Support (Commercial supplies and services)
- Simplified Acquisitions/Contractor Payment
- Professional Support Services
- Detainee Compliance and Removal Activities
- Transportation Services
- Detention Management Support (Large contracts for detention facilities, health services, furniture and/or support services)
- Occasional Travel
- Occassional travel may be required.