Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: National Park Service
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Fort Oglethorpe, GA View Map
Who May Apply: Students eligible for the Pathway's Internship program.
The employees of the National Park Service care for the special places that are the heritage for all Americans. Since its inception in 1916, the National Park Service has been dedicated to the preservation and management of this country's outstanding natural, historical, and recreational resources.
Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service. The National Park Service preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the national park system for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations.
This position is being filled in the excepted service under the Pathway's Internship Program. The Pathway's Internship Program is designed to provide students with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore Federal careers while still in school. To learn more about the Pathways Internship Program please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/StudentAndGrads. Interns appointed from this vacancy will be in placed in position expected to last no more than one year. The appointment may be extended until the selectee's educational program requirements have been completed. Upon successful completion of his/her education and program requirements, the intern may be converted to a permanent or term position. Conversion is neither mandatory nor guaranteed.
To be eligible for a Pathway's Program Internship, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a student accepted for enrollment or enrolled in a degree or certificate program on at least a half-time basis and remain in good standing.
- Enrollment must be with an accredited educational institution or state approved home-school. These may include high schools, colleges, universities, technical trade, vocational, or business schools, and state approved home school secondary and post-secondary programs.
- Qualifying certificate programs are post-high school programs equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.
- Educational institutions must be accredited by the organizations recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. To see if your school is accredited, please visit: http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/
- selectees will be required to sign a Pathway's Participant agreement and must maintain status as a student in good standing throughout the duration of the appointment.
This announcement will be used to fill full-time or part-time internship positions not to exceed 1 year with possible extnsions as long as the incumbent remains eligible for the Pathways Internship Program. This position may have varying work shedules and work schedule and hours may be changed or reduced depending on workload, funding, or mission requirements.
Please read the entire announcement before you apply. To view the entire announcement, select "Print Preview at the right hand side of this screen.
- Not Required
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Pre-employment background investigation is required.
- Enrolled at least half-time at a qualifying educational institution
- At least 16 years of age.
- All supporting documents must be received by the closing date.