Job Title: Fuel Distribution System WorkerJob Announcement Number: BLMAK-14-1088852-JE
Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: Bureau of Land Management
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour
Thursday, April 03, 2014 to
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Temporary NTE 1039 Hours
Few vacancies in the following location:
Fairbanks, AK View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Q - Nonsensitive
The BLM manages more land 253 million acres than any other Federal agency. This land, known as the National System of Public Lands, is primarily located in 12 Western states, including Alaska. The Bureau, with a budget of about $1 billion, also administers 700 million acres of sub-surface mineral estates throughout the nation. The BLM's multiple-use mission is to sustain the health and productivity of the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
This position works as a Fuel Distribution System Worker for the Alaska Fire Service.
For additional information about the BLM please visit BLM.
These positions are located in Fairbanks, Alaska. Information about locations within Alaska can be found at: Alaska.
- 50% or Greater
- This position requires frequent travel by scheduled or chartered aircraft or ground vehicles to various destinations in the western U.S. Each incident assignment may last up to 14 days.
- U.S. Citizenship is Required
- Security Clearance/Background Investigation is required.
- Be sure to read the "How to Apply" & "Required Documents" Sections
- You cannot hold an active real estate license; nor can you
- have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Land.
- Direct Deposit Required.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
- Requires a Class A or B CDL with hazmat and tank endorsements.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Fuel Distribution System Worker, you will:
For more information on the duties of this position contact the supervisor, Robert Wishart at (907) 356-5564
- Establish and maintain temporary and permanent fuel systems.
- Service, maintain, and repair all fueling equipment.
- Install and remove underground storage tanks.
- Conduct training in all phases of aviation fuel handling.
- Drive fuel trucks up to 5,000 gallon capacity as well as forklifts and vehicles up to ten tons to transport fuel and related equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualifications System for Trades and Labor Occupations will be used in determining applicants' qualifications. There is no specific length of training or experience required; however, you must be able to demonstrate through experience shown in your written resume that you have the ability to independently do the work of the position, as defined below, without more than normal supervision. You must be rated at least at the acceptable level in these elements to receive further consideration. Qualifications: Have received and dispensed bulk fuel and inspected fuel handling equipment for quality assurance and serviceability. A Class A or B CDL with hazmat and tank endorsements is also required.
- Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation and Repair.
- Operations of Fueling Equipment
- Technical Practices.
- Use of Measuring Instruments.
- Ability to Interpret Instructions.
- Dexterity and Safety.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Upon receipt of your complete application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your rating will be based on your responses to the Job Specific Questionnaire and the information stated in your resume. Answers submitted in the questionnaire must be supported on your resume. If you meet qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. In addition, interviews may be conducted for this position. The interviews may be conducted on a pass/fail basis or may be scored.