Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; individuals eligible for VRA appointments (at the GS-11 and below grade levels); and individuals with disabilities.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS), Rockville, MD.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CTP-14-DE-1081137ND under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
EARLY CUT-OFF DATE: FIRST CONSIDERATION MAY BE GIVEN TO THOSE WHO FILE ALL OF THE REQUIRED FORMS BY May 16, 2014. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY EXPEDITIOUSLY.
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN CONTINUOUS FOR 90 DAYS WITH THE FOLLOWING CUT-OFF DATES:
- May 16, 2014
- June 30, 2014
- August 12, 2014
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Develop new approaches to engineering problems.
- Analyze and determine the adequacy of data and tests submitted by a manufacturer regarding the safety and public health impact of regulated products.
- Assist staff in performing a variety of projects that include reviewing a wide range of tobacco products to determine the adequacy of the results from engineering disciplines and/or other studies concerned with exposure and health determinations of product reports/applications.
- Prepare detail synopsis of reviews of reports/applications with recommendations for revision, acceptance or rejection, and providing specific supporting reasons for the reviewer's recommended disposition and any technical deficiencies requiring action by the sponsor.
- Review study protocols and offer recommendations related to study design.
- Occasional Travel
- Estimated Travel is less than 10% (Domestic)