You qualify at the GS-07 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience performing duties such as:
- participate as team member conducting and reporting on basic on-site compliance inspections;
- select, gather and organize information before, during and after inspections;
- report individual findings for assigned areas identified, validated and verified by a senior specialist during the course of inspections
You qualify at the GS-09 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience performing duties such as:
- conduct and report on basic on-site inspections;
- provide input to develop the scope and inspection site rationale;
- assist the inspection team in planning inspections;
- ensure findings include inspections results which provide complete identification of deficiencies, areas of concern, and best practices; adequate background to support the findings; and
- develop sound recommendations for corrective actions with assistance from the supervisor or team leader
You qualify at the GS-11 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience performing duties such as:
- conduct and report on on-site inspections;
- assist the team leader or supervisor in planning inspections and participating in interviews or exit or entrance briefings with team leaders at inspection sites;
- ensure inspection findings provide complete identification of deficiencies, areas of concern, and best practices; adequate background to support the findings;
- develop sound recommendations which identify the appropriate level of the problem, and the type of corrective action necessary to fixn the problem; and
- prepare and present oral and written inspections findings to team leader or supervisor
You qualify at the GS-12 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience performing duties such as:
- conduct and report on on-site inspections;
- conduct all phases of the inspection effort, including scheduling and conducting interviews at inspection sites, providing input to develop the scope and inspection site rationale;
- assist team leader or supervisor in developing the unique methodology and approach for the specific inspection site;
- research, collect, organize, review and analyze information before, during and after the inspection and throughout the entire process; prepare documentation of inspection process and findings
- ensure inspection findings provide complete identification of deficiencies, areas of concern, and best practices; and adequate background to support the findings;
- discuss, defend and justify the entire finding to the team leader as well as other team members
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification claims will be subject to verification.
Substitution of Education for Experience:
In lieu of experience you must meet one of the following to qualify based on education: You may substitute superior academic achievement for the experience required at the GS-07 level. You must have completed the requirements for a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, class standing in the upper third of a graduating class or major subdivision, or membership in a national scholastic honor society. You may also substitute successful completion of one year of full-time graduate education in a qualifying field for the experience required at the GS-07 grade level. This education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university and demonstrate the skills necessary to do the work of the position.
You may substitute successful completion of a master's or equivalent graduate degree, 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or a L.L.B/J.D. degree for the experience required at the GS-09 level. This education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university.
You may substitute successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.M, if related, in an accredited college or university for experience required at the GS-11 level. This education must demonstrate the skills needed to do the work. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 54 semester hours or 81 quarter hours should be considered as satisfying the 3 years of full-time study requirement.
Requirements by Closing Date: Unless otherwise noted, you must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Probationary Period: This is a full-time permanent position (Career/Career-Conditional appointment). Upon appointment to this position, you may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
Travel: You may be required to travel 6-10 days per month.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education and training will be rated using an Assessment Questionnaire. The questions are related to the following fundamental competencies (or Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) needed to perform the duties of this job:
- customer service
- conflict management
- organizational awareness
- planning and evaluating
- problem solving
- decision making
- external awareness
- oral communication
Based on your responses, you will be placed in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
- Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
- Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Applicants in the Best Qualified category will be referred to the hiring manager and may be called for an interview.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible: If you have never been a Federal employee, you are not eligible to apply under CTAP/ICTAP. This program offers displaced Federal employees priority for jobs within the agency from which they have separated or are separating. For more information, please see: http://www.opm.gov/ctap/.
To be considered well qualified under ICTAP/CTAP you MUST be placed in the Well Qualified Category for this position. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement.
Veterans: Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they are qualified. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are placed in the best qualified category above non-preference eligibles, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. This position (is or is not) considered scientific/professional. For more information regarding veterans' preference, please see: http://www.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp