Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at the US Army Public Health Command, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.
Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) is Harford Countys largest employer with more than 16,000 civilian, military and contractor employees. Workers at APG are responsible for numerous technical achievements in military intelligence, medical research, engineering, and computer technology. APG contributes more than $400 million in payroll and $500 million in contracts annually. A $1 billion research and development resource, and a key player in the nations homeland defense and international counter-terrorism efforts, APG is an economic and technology resource for the region.
Management prefers candidates who possess a Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S) credential.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As an Occupational Health Nurse, you will:
- Provide consultation on Occupational Health nursing, program development, management, administration and evaluation.
- Perform program reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of Department of Army Occupational Health Programs.
- Conduct special studies to improve Occupational Health nursing services, health education, and wellness.
- Represent the Army in Department of Defense and other inter-agency meetings involving policy matters relating to Occupational Health.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 20% Business Travel required.