About the Agency
*1 Position exists that may be filled at Morgantown, WV; Pittsburgh, PA or Albany, OR.*
This position is located in the Office of Coal and Power R&D, Storage Division. The office implements Reserach and Development (R&D) activities in support of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Fossil Energy's (FE) mission to advance technologies related to the reliable, efficient, affordable and environmentally-sound use of fossil fuels which are essential to our Nation's security and economic prosperity. A successful candidate in this position will perform a variety of assignments in support of carbon management and storage technologies.
As a General Engineer/Physical Scientist, you will:
- Serve as a Federal Project Manager responsible for technical and managerial expertise in support of a variety of research projects in industry, academia, nonprofit entities, and national laboratories in order to meet programmatic goals.
- Provides technical project management expertise related to advanced fossil energy research in carbon management and storage technologies.
- Regularly communicate the technical progress and status of research projects via bullets, weeklies, fact sheets, abstracts and papers, other publications, and oral presentations.
- Establish and maintain liaison with Office of Fossil Energy program managers and technical personnel and experts in industry, academia, and national laboratories.
- Maintain effective communications and productive working relationships with stakeholders, senior management, technology managers and other project managers.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel is required for this position and may include travel between all NETL locations.