Job Title:Supervisory Nurse (Administrative/Ambulatory)
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:NCMD149272361087145HM
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, April 04, 2014 to
Thursday, April 10, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Tripler Army Medical Center, HI View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Pediatrics Patient Centered Medical Home Cost Pool of the Department of Pediatrics at the Tripler Army Medical Center, HI.
Honolulu is where the timeless radiance of the islands meets the modern luxuries of today. Residents can hike down a lush mountainside, just minutes away from a soaring cityscape or feast at a luau under the stars one night, and dine at a five-star restaurant another. Located on Oahu, Honolulu is home to the majority of the states diverse population. Residents enjoy extensive shopping, medical, continuing education, and year-round recreation opportunities.
Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 12.25% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- May be required to work weekend call duties and evenings.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Supervisory Nurse (Administrative/Ambulatory), you will perform the following duties:
- Oversee the scope of practice and provision of nursing services within the ambulatory clinic.
- Provide a full range of supervisory duties, to include personnel and resource management comprised of coordinating staffing support, scheduling, hiring, and enforcement of performance standards.
- Provide input regarding organization, structural, or content changes throughout the ambulatory care centers, services, and clinics in the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF).
- Provide care coordination activities, internally within the accountable care organization, and externally with civilian and military medical facilities.
- Serve as a clinic nursing subject matter expert and performs direct patient nursing care, as needed.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both technical and administrative matters.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Degree: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Registration: Active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: providing an extensive range of professional nursing care and management to urgent, emergent, and ambulatory patients; and experience in personnel management within a health clinic. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- One-year supervisory probationary period required. A one-year probationary period is required if the selectee has not previously met this requirement.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- A pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- If selected, candidate may need to provide documents for credentialing.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.