Job Title:Occupational Therapist
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:NCMD149433831086967D
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, April 04, 2014 to
Thursday, April 17, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fort Carson, CO View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This position is located in the Department of Surgery at Evans Army Community Hospital in Fort Carson, Colorado 80913.
- Ft. Carson combines scenic beauty, pleasant residential areas, and cultural activities to satisfy every taste. It is an unusually well-rounded military community which offers a variety of recreational and cultural opportunities. World-class ski resorts are available within a short 2 1/2 hour drive, golf courses and biking trails are available on the installation as well as in the surrounding community. Numerous colleges and universities are available for continuing education.
Who May Apply:
DUTIES:Back to top
As an Occupational Therapist at Evans Army Community Hospital, you will:
- Evaluate patients to determine current levels of function/dysfunction using standardized and clinically accepted measurement and evaluation tools, clinical observations, patient and staff interviews, and medical history reviews.
- Plan and implement complex goal-oriented treatment plans for a wide range of patients.
- Utilize current technology in ongoing treatment and evaluations of patient to include BTE Work Simulator and computerized upper extremity diagnostic systems.
- Serve as a member of various multi-disciplinary teams which plan, direct, coordinate and evaluate individual patient treatment plans.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Degree: Applicants must have completed successfully (1) an occupational therapy curriculum approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association at the time the curriculum was completed, and (2) the clinical affiliation requirements prescribed by the school. The curriculum may have been a bachelor's degree program, a post-baccalaureate certificate program, or an entry-level master's degree program. (Doctoral level education meets the Office of Personnel Management requirement).
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: evaluating occupational therapy patients, using occupational therapy techniques, and developing and implementing patient treatment plans. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-11: Successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, that is directly related to the work of the position.
Combination of Experience and Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-11: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 36 hours (total semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages.
Licensure/Certification: A current, active, valid, and unrestricted license as an Occupational Therapist from a state, the District of Columbia, or a territory of the United States is required. A current, active, valid, and unrestricted certification as an Occupational Therapist from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) is required.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Ability to evaluate patients level of function
- Skill in developing and implementing patient treatment plans
- Ability to teach alternative or compensating
- Skill in planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating program services
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Selected applicant may be requird to provide documents for credentialing.
- Employee will be required to wear and use personal protective equipment (PPE) as required and provided by the employer.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.