To qualify, applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
You must have one year specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-12) in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and can be demonstrated by applying knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations, procedures, and precedent decisions to develop policies and procedures for complaint processing, tracking reasonable accommodation requests, administering affirmative employment and special emphasis programs, and conducting EEO training.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy,
Federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities
appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description.
Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when
documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or
an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must
indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of time the
duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's
official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not
within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of
the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
There is no substitution or combination of education and/or experience for this grade level.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Time in grade (TIG) must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics):
-Knowledge of EEO laws, policies, and procedures
-Ability to apply laws, policies and procedures
throughout the EEO complaint process
-Ability to resolve complex situations
-Skill in oral and written communication