Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency is a rich resource of indispensable partners who contribute to and benefit from integrated missions and programs. We are an independent combat support agency within the Department of Defense (DoD). We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position:
The position of Computer Engineer is a position in the DCMA Keystone Program. DCMA uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and attract exceptional individuals into the Federal Workforce. Prior to appointment, all candidates will be required to sign a Keystone Conditions of Employment Agreement.
NOTE: During the Keystone Program, participants will receive specialized formal classroom training, computer-based training, and on-the-job (OJT) training. The training development program will consist of the following:
1. Report initially to CMO/Center for at least 1 week.
2. Spend 6 months in the CMO/Center for more OJT and developmental training.
3. Return possibly to the DLC for 1 week assessment/update training.
4. Return to the CMO/Center for more OJT and developmental training.
5. Return as necessary to the DLC throughout the 2nd/3rd year for additional functional training.
DCMA Keystone Program
Who May Apply:
· All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
Completes classroom and on-the-job training to acquire, exercise, and maintain knowledge of the duties inherent in the performance of professional computer engineering duties in support of a senior engineer who is responsible for one or more engineering functions, in connection with assigned products, processes or systems.
Provides technical assistance to the supervisor of record or other senior engineers in progressively responsible assignments for a segment of a complex project as well as specific engineering duties.
Drafts project details on the basis of precedents established in related projects, devising and recommending alternative methods of analysis as a basis for solving problems.
- Occasional Travel
- Business Travel required 10% of the time.