About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure that exhibitions reflect the philosophy and mission of NMAI, and that information is organized so that exhibition content is thematically and visually coherent as well as easily understood by, and accessible to, a broad range of audiences.
- Develops and manages the exhibition production and installation process, including approaches, schedules, and cost estimates for major exhibits, so that exhibitions meet NMAI, SI, and museum industry standards.
- Works with museum management and cross-functional teams to see that the following project elements are defined and maintained: scope, schedule, budget, goals, educational objectives, roles, responsibilities, and ground rules for operations and decision-making.
- Serves as the central point of contact for all phases of project planning and implementation, including preparation of documentation for review by senior management.
- Communicates project status to team members and senior managers.