Basic Requirements: Degree: major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
In addition to the basic requirements, applicants must meet the following:
For GS-7: 1 year of graduate-level education or superior academic achievement or 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-5.
For GS-9: 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree or 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-7.
For GS-11: 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 1 year of specialized equivalent to at least GS-9.
For GS-12: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least next lower grade level.
For GS-13: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least next lower grade level.
For GS-14: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least next lower grade level.
For GS-15: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least next lower grade level.
NOTE: Education and experience may be combined for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable.
Specialized experience is experience involving research or other professional and scientific work that is specifically health-oriented in character. This experience requires a background of knowledge, skills and techniques gained from professional training in a health science or allied scientific field. Such work may cut across and require understanding of scientific methods and techniques common to several recognized professional fields in the health, medical or allied sciences (e.g., work in the field of health research administration requiring knowledge of research methodology common to a number of different scientific fields).
To view the Individual Occupational Requirements, click on the following link:
http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-PROF and http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0600/general-health-science-series-0601/
To view qualifying education requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
· Knowledge of principle, concepts and techniques in the health, medical, or allied science fields (e.g., work in the field of health research administration requiring knowledge of research methodology common to a number of different scientific fields) to develop, implement and evaluate programs.
· Knowledge of scientific principles, practices, and procedures in order to design, plan and conduct research.
· Skill in designing and conducting comprehensive studies, and preparing solutions.
· Ability to author reports, documents, and presentations pertaining in the fields of health, medical or allied sciences.
· Ability to manage/develop databases, performs data analysis, and develop presentations using current information technology and computers and effectively communicate results orally and in writing.
· Knowledge of common diseases, prognosis, medication, treatment methods, and medical terminology to apply to the health and medical programs.
· Ability to plan, organize, and lead others in projects or studies.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing.
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required.
- Employee must maintain current certifications.
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent". It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.