1 Year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level in which you are applying, that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been at the next lower grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service. Examples of creditable specialized experience include: Group leader in community or residential recreation or training programs. Counselor in a youth summer camp, Instructor in a training program for the development of job skills, Work that demonstrated the ability to be responsible for and to lead and train members of a job crew, Group activities leader in the Armed Services, Unit leader-monitor-proctor for a dormitory group in a boarding school or other residential facility, Aid or assistant to professional or specialist staff in such fields as personnel (private or government), employment guidance in a vocational or academic institution, social service, or manpower development., Aid or assistant to professional or associate staff engaged in work of a social services nature in private, public welfare, government program, or community organizations, or in voluntary activities, Aid or assistant to professional or specialist staff working with individuals who are addicted to or abuse alcohol and/or drugs.
For GS-5: Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree that (a) included at least 24 semester hours in any combination of subjects directly related to the work of the position; (b) included a major in social behavior, human behavior, or health care or; (c) was supplemented by specialized experience as described above for GS-4.
Graduate education or an internship meets the specialized experience required above GS-5 only in those instances where it is directly related to the work of the position.
FOR GS-6: One full year of graduate education
For GS-07 One full year of graduate education
For GS-09 Two full years of graduate education or a master's degee
OR COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience are also qualifying.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
Click on the following link to view the specialized experience, or education, or combination of education and experience:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Family Advocacy and Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Programs.
2. Knowledge of word processing automation software function to support office operations.
3. Knowledge and skill in developing an education curriculum with learning objectives and outcomes.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing.
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required.
- Employee must maintain current certifications.
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent". It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.