The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office Of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or EHA Acquisition, pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and 2) certain health care occupations, or EHA Medical. Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent, temporary or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.'"
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems.
· Manage and perform technical functions for the research and organizational consultation work for the Department of Behavioral Sciences.
· Conduct evaluations with mental health patients, administer psychological tests and questionnaires, assist with therapy groups, and conduct educational classes and prevention/outreach briefings and activities.
· Assist credentialed providers with crisis intervention, group therapy and case management. Provide crisis counseling. Assist with therapeutic process groups.
· Function as case manager for initiating and coordinating care with local inpatient facility for mental health treatment. Coordinate care with other agencies.
· Conduct basic assessment procedures. Assist credentialed providers in identifying mental health diagnosis.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-04 Target GS-12).