Job Title:Automotive Mechanic
Job Announcement Number:14R-JC-299253-MPA-OFEO
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Thursday, March 27, 2014 to
Thursday, April 24, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time, Permanent -
|FEW vacancies -
Edgewater, MD View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This position is open to current and former Federal employees with permanent status or reinstatement eligibility. Individuals who are eligible for a special appointing authority may also apply; such as applicants with a disability, former Peace Corps volunteers, certain military spouses, veterans seeking a VRA/VEOA appointment, or veterans who have been separated from armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service.|
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
Please note the closing date for this announcement has been extended from April 10th, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST to April 24th, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May need to complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to be rated qualified, an applicant's overall experience and training must indicate possession of the minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of this position.
This position requires the physical ability to perform moderately heavy work including lifting and carrying heavy objects up to 50 lbs.; work outside in all weather conditions with exposure to dirt, dust, pollen and insects; climb ladders and stairs; and stand and walk for extended periods.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the job opportunity announcement.
For information on the Job Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations, see OPM’s web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c/index.htm.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
How you will be evaluated:
Applications will first be evaluated to determine whether the following screen out element is met:
- ABILITY TO DO THE WORK OF AN AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC WITHOUT MORE THAN NORMAL SUPERVISION.
If an applicant meets the screen-out element, the following Job Elements will be evaluated:
- Knowledge of equipment assembly, installation, repair, etc.
- Knowledge of technical practices (theoretical, precise, artistic).
- Ability to use measuring instruments.
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (includes blueprint reading).
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems (i.e., finding the cause of the problems in automovie vehicles).
Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience.
Your resume should provide detailed information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed. To preview questions please click here.