Department: Department of the Army
Agency: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Oldtown, ID View Map
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This position is also being announced under the following grades:
Albeni Falls Dam is located on the Pend Oreille river in beautiful northern Idaho about 45 miles northeast of Spokane, Washington. Albeni Falls is a multi-purpose project responsible for hydropower generation, flood control, recreation, navigation and wildlife management. For additional information visit: http://www.nws.usace.army.mil/ select 'Locks & Dams' and 'Albeni Falls Dam'.
Advantages: Variety of outdoor activities including hiking, wildlife watching, camping, fishing, hunting, skiing, biking, snowmobiling, boating, etc.
About the Position:
Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program.
The Department of the Army Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students currently enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work and get paid while exploring federal careers through a job with the Department of Army.
The Department of the Army Pathways Interns may be converted to a permanent position within 120 days of successful completion of the program.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Interns must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program
- Complete their degree or certificate requirements
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted
- Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participant's Agreement, and;
- Perform their job successfully as documented through performance evaluations and/or completion of an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
Who May Apply:
Department of the Army Internship Program Eligibles
Positions are open to current students in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
- Not Required
- Will be required to sign a Pathways Participant Agreement.
- Must be 16 years of age by 1 May 2014.