About the Agency
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security(DHS), U. S. Coast Guard, Acquisition Directorate(CG-9), Office of Contract Operations, in Lockport, LA.
NOTE: This announcement will have two cut off dates of April 9, 2014 and May 9, 2014. To be considered at each cut-off date, ensure you submit a complete application package. If you do not, your application will be considered after the final closing date.
The incumbent will serve as Contract Administrator with authority and responsibility to administer all contracts assigned to the Project Resident Office. This authority and responsibility extends to enforcement of all contract terms and conditions, resolution of contract problems, evaluation and negotiation of contractor proposed changes to the contracts, and other actions which assure proper performance by all parties to the contract.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Planning and executing all contractual actions, monitoring contractor compliance with the contract and enforcing contractual terms and conditions
- Coordinating with Project Manager and Procuring Contracting Officer in planning, reviewing of specifications and scheduling, correcting deficiencies, identifying potential problems and recommending alternatives and solutions
- Serving as a negotiation team leader conducting the negotiation, considering all facts and circumstances surrounding a particular situation
- Preparing all contractual and required file documentation necessary to support contract modification
- Observing performance of contractors and government personnel to ascertain required services and supplies are being produced in accordance with the contract
- Preparing timely responses to Congressional inquiries, Freedom of Information Act request or other sensitive correspondence
- Occasional Travel
- Possible travel 1-5 days per month.