Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This is a key position within the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE utilizes the government's second largest cadre of law enforcement officers to ensure our nation's economic, transportation and infrastructure security. ICE enforces immigration and customs laws. Our talented and courageous workforce identifies criminal activities and eliminates vulnerabilities that pose a threat to our nation's borders.
ICE is the primary investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With more than 19,000 employees in 400 offices around the world, ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/
Who May Apply
- All U.S. citizens
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Office of Asset and Facilities Management (OAFM) located in Dallas, TX.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
This position is located within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Office of the Chief financial Officer (OCFO), Office of Asset and Facilities Management (OAFM), Administrative Service Branch (ASB). The primary purpose of this position is the processing of incoming or outgoing mail, preparing, receiving, reviewing, and verifying documents, and office automation support to management, staff, and customers within ICE Headquarters Program Organizations. Specifically, you will:
Open, read, review, sort and route a wide variety of correspondence and mail;
- Check all incoming correspondence and service requests against control logs and records;
- Prepare digests of condenses subject matter to enable recipients to assign action;
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and packages to include operating a mail postage metering machine to calculate and affix the correct amount of postage in accordance with U.S. Postal Service requirements;
- Provide administrative assistance and staff support; and
- Operate an envelope and package X-Ray screening machine to ensure the safety of building occupants, and the handling of any questionable mail during the security screening process.