Agency: Securities and Exchange Commission
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
New York, NY View Map
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Our mission includes advocating for investors who seek to secure a future for their family, providing guidance and regulations for the nations securities industry in an increasingly global market, and taking action with an eye toward promoting the capital formation necessary to sustain economic growth.
A career with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) offers work that is exciting, challenging and rewarding. You can contribute to securities regulation and enforcement while making a positive difference for the American investing public. The SEC provides:
· Careers that broaden and deepen your already accomplished knowledge, skills and abilities;
· An environment that allows you to work and learn with the nations experts;
· Compensation and career expansion opportunities; and
· A balance between your professional and family life.
To find out more about the SEC, go to http://www.sec.gov.
This vacancy is for a Pathways Resident Intern: Student Trainee (Program & Research) position located at the SEC's New York Regional Office.
The SEC is seeking bright, innovative, results-oriented individuals to join our Pathways Resident Internship Program. The Pathways Resident Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program (diploma, certificate, etc.) in an accredited/qualifying educational institution, on a full or half-time basis. (Applicants who do not meet the definition of "student" will not be considered.)
This internship is for students who can commit to working year-round at this office location in New York, NY. Interns may work full-time or part-time schedules. At the successful conclusion of this program, you may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a federal career or career-conditional position.
This position is in the excepted service.
You will be required to sign a Pathways Participant Agreement.
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 must be maintained throughout the entire internship appointment.
- Not Required
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student.
- You must be registered for Selective Service if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- 18 years or older at the time of appointment.
- You must be suitable for federal employment.