For GS-05: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-04; or its non-Federal equivalent that demonstrates: the ability to perform a full range of clerical assignments and required resolution of recurring problems related to loan/grant programs. Work consists of related steps, processes or methods requiring identification and recognition of the differences from among a variety of recurring situations regarding loan/grant programs. The work requires subject-matter knowledge of the organization's programs, business practices, rules, processes or operations in order to determine what is being done, why actions are taken and how to accomplish assignments. Experience may have been gained in work comparable to compiling, maintaining, and updating data, list, and reports using knowledge of where data is obtained and independently acquiring information to perform standard tasks. OR bachelor's or equivalent degree OR 4 full years of progressively higher level education leading to such a degree. Equivalent combination of education and experience are qualifying for this grade level.
For GS-06: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05; or its non-Federal equivalent that demonstrates: use of specialized clerical assistance to perform a full range of standard and non-standard assignments resolving a variety of non-recurring problems and including a variety of assignments having different unrelated steps, processes, or methods such as processing transactions for credit programs, commercial, real estate, or other loan/grant programs having similar characteristic but requiring the use of different steps, procedures or methods to complete the process. Experience may have been gained in work comparable to examining program applications for completeness, discrepancies, meeting eligibility requirements, and other special requisites and identifying situations that are inconsistent with previous experience in similar situations using available information, regulations, or other guidelines or may involve fraud, etc. There is no substitution of education for experience at the GS-06 level.
For GS-07: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-06; or its non-Federal equivalent that demonstrates: evaluative judgment within well defined, commonly occurring aspects of more than one type of functional specialization such as processing transactions for various and unrelated credit programs, commercial, real estate or other loan programs. Assignments operate using different sets of rules, regulations, and procedures and knowledge of such procedures is usually attained through extensive, increasingly difficult, and practical experience with the programs worked. Experience may have been gained in work comparable to analyzing reports for various branches or work units and preparing division-wide evaluations with written presentations of findings, recommendations, forecasts and justifications and include designing detailed charts and graphs. There is no substitution of education for experience at the GS-07 level.
• To be eligible for appointment to this position, the new hire must be cleared to come on board once the results of the fingerprint check, review of the OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and the candidate’s Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (eQIP) entries have been reviewed and determined to be satisfactory.
• If you are newly hired, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS "E-VERIFY" system. Federal law requires the use of E-VERIFY to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
• Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. If selected you may be subject to a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI) and a credit report inquiry.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
- The category rating procedure is used to rank and select eligible candidates. Under category rating, applicants who meet basic minimum qualification requirements established for the position and whose job related competencies have been assessed are ranked by being placed in one of the following categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category.
- You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Knowledge of loan and/or grant making and servicing policies and procedures
- Skill in planning, scheduling, and organizing work
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Office skills
- We will review your application, including the online Occupational Questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
- Veterans' Preference: Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category, before non-preference eligibles in that category. Preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of 10 percent or more (CPS, CP) are placed at the top of the Best Qualified category on the referral list. For additional information on entitlement see: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
To view the application form, visit: https://rhs.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=a688cac0-6b81-47b4-bc57-a2f30097a519