If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, this is the position for you! With a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women, Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. You will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty and the property of citizens.
The United States Attorney's Office is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #5 out of 33 large Federal cabinet agencies and the Executive Office for United States Attorneys Office/United States Attorneys Offices ranked #55 out of 240 agency subcomponents in a study, "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2013 Ratings" published by the Partnership for Public Service. See www.bestplacestowork.org..
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.
The Western District of Michigan
includes the western half of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan and all of the
Upper Peninsula. The main office is
located in Grand Rapids. Grand Rapids is
a mid-sized city that is a short distance from beaches, sand dunes, state
parks, and quaint coastal towns. The
area is noted for its summer and winter sports as well as its cultural
amenities such as concerts, museums, theater, and ethnic festivals. A typical commute to work takes less than 20
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced to applicants eligible to apply through Merit Staffing procedures under Vacancy Announcement Number: 14-1081799-MIW-MS.
To view the entire announcement, including instructions on how to apply, click on tabs above.
If selected for this position, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for providing legal support services for the United States Attorney's Office; Western District of Michigan. Typical work assignments will include:
- Reviewing and organizing complex factual material and other documentary data for investigations and trials;
- Providing advice on the most efficient method for preparing legal documents;
- Using tables and citation checking with efficiency;
- Developing and entering various case material into a computer database;
- Preparing charts, graphs, and tables to illustrate results;
- Preparing, developing, compiling, or maintaining jury instructions in preparing for trial;
- Preparing exhibits for trial which typically involve a wide range of visual materials;
- Providing litigation case management and organizing cases for court presentation.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
- Occasional Travel
- Occassional Travel for training purposes.