About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Leads a team of three or more Building Services Workers/Facilities Services Workers performing tasks involving physical labor and equipment operation, as well as general custodial duties.
- Leads and demonstrates proper work methods; motivates and advises workers to follow instructions received from supervisors related to problems and in meeting deadlines.
- Performs a variety of labor tasks such as moving, arranging, and lifting very large and unusually heavy material and collections; loading and unloading debris, trash, equipment supplies, and other materials from trucks, vans, and cars by using dollies, hand trucks, hand operated hydraulic lifts, and/or by hand.
- Performs custodial duties to include cleaning offices, exhibit space, restrooms, corridors, storage rooms, stairways, or any area within the confines of the building using manual and automated equipment.
- Assures that safety and housekeeping rules are followed by workers and ensures that stock is replenished when required.
- Performs tasks associated with special events such as erecting and folding tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolds.