A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the views.
This position is being concurrently announced under Merit Promotion Announcement Number 14-516-11761-12417G-mcs. Current or former Federal employees may apply to both announcements, but should be sure to apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement in order to avoid losing consideration since different referral criteria apply to each type of announcement. Disabled veterans, candidates with 3 or more years of active duty military service, and candidates eligible for special hiring authorities may apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement if they meet the criteria outlined in the announcement and submit supporting documentation.
Two positions will be filled from this announcement.
One Position is located on the Stanislaus National Forest with duty location in Hathaway Pines, CA. For further information about the duties of the position, please contact Teresa McClung, at 209-795-1381 X314, firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Position is located on the Stanislaus National Forest with duty location in Pinecrest, CA. For further information about the duties of the position, please contact Julie Martin , at 209-965-3434 X5311, email@example.com.
These positions have a positive education requirement; therefore, a legible copy of your official college transcripts is required. Applicants who fail to submit their transcripts with their application will not be given credit for their education.
This position is being advertised as a Career Ladder. Target Grade is a GS-09. Position may be filled as career ladder or could be filled at full performance level.
These are interdisciplinary positions and may be filled in any of the job series/position titles listed. In addition to the specialized experience requirements, applicants must submit proof that they meet the educational requirements for at least one of the series described in the announcement. Applicants may only be appointed to job series/position titles for which they meet all experience and educational requirements.
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit and fill Permanent (Career/Career-Conditional), Temporary, and Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply.
Duties listed are at the full performance level
• Participates in the development, administration and execution of annual work plans for recreation resources in compliance with agency guidelines and direction.
• Recommends potential sites or areas for additional recreation use and planned development with suggested priorities for development.
• Develops plans and monitors new construction of recreation trails, parking areas, trailhead facilities, campgrounds, picnic areas, parking areas, and access roads in consultation with other resource personnel.
• Compiles NEPA documents and implementing approved projects.
• Develop contract language for assigned projects and administering concession and recreation special use permits