This vacancy announcement may be used to fill Senior Executive Services (SES) Special Agent in Charge positions at any location in the field, for a 12 month period, based on the needs of the agency, the existence of vacant or new executive positions, and the availability of SES slots. Qualified applicants who would like to be considered for current or future Special Agent in Charge positions in U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) must apply by the closing date of this announcement.
The ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) directorate is a critical asset in the ICE mission, responsible for investigating a wide range of domestic and international activities arising from the illegal movement of people and goods into, within and out of the United States.
o HSI investigates immigration crime, human rights violations, and human smuggling, smuggling of narcotics, weapons and other types of contraband, financial crimes, cybercrime and export enforcement issues. HSI special agents conduct investigations aimed at protecting critical infrastructure industries that are vulnerable to sabotage, attack or exploitation.
o In addition to criminal investigations, HSI oversees the agency's international affairs operations and intelligence functions. HSI is comprised of more than 10,000 employees, including 6,700 special agents, who are assigned to more than 200 cities throughout the U.S. and 47 countries around the world.
o HSI conducts criminal investigations against terrorist and other criminal organizations who threaten national security. HSI combats worldwide criminal enterprises who seek to exploit America's legitimate trade, travel, and financial systems and enforces America's customs and immigration laws at and beyond our nation's border.
Duty Location: This vacancy announcement will be used to fill Special Agent in Charge, ES-1811 positions within the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations. You will be given the opportunity to indicate offices of preference.
ICE is an equal opportunity employment employer. Selection for positions will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.
ICE provides reasonable accommodations to applications with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us. Decisions on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
As the Special Agent in Charge you will:
· Serve as a key member of ICE's senior management, reporting to the Assistant Director for Operations, HSI. You will manage all investigative activities throughout an area of responsibility that focuses on the enforcement of HSI's broad array of investigative authority. Your primary jurisdiction includes the protection of the United States and its citizens by deterring, interdicting, and investigating threats arising from the movement of people and goods into and out of the United States. This includes oversight of investigations related to national security, financial, and smuggling violations, including illegal arms exports, commercial fraud, alien/human trafficking, narcotics smuggling, cyber crimes, child pornography/exploitation, and immigration fraud.
· Establish and implement specific action plans to accomplish investigative goals and objectives.
· Develop investigative procedures and techniques and provide policy guidance to subordinate supervisors. You will be primarily responsible for the direction and management of large-scale operations to efficiently achieve specified goals and objectives.
· Coordinate law enforcement activities with the highest levels of Federal, state, and local government and with international law enforcement organizations. This coordination includes integrating ICE functions with other elements of law enforcement, intelligence collection and dissemination, and field operations.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with various high-level individuals, including members of Congress and their staffs, other legislative and executive agencies, executives of major corporations, and distinguished members of the public.
· Establish and maintain close and cooperative working relationships with agency or department management officials, government agencies, and other institutions with related interests, in order to advance the programs and objectives of the agency.
· Ensure mission effectiveness through the strategic and effective management of a supporting budget. Monitor the personnel, budgetary, and logistical needs of HSI field assets.
· Exercise full range of managerial and supervisory authorities available for the effective management of the human resources element of the HSI program. Provide technical and administrative supervision to a staff of subordinate managers.
For an overview of the diverse responsibilities ICE carries out within the Government, visit our website at http: //www.ice.gov.