As the Special Agent in Charge you will:
· Serve as a key member of ICE's senior management, reporting to the Assistant Director for Operations, HSI. You will manage all investigative activities throughout an area of responsibility that focuses on the enforcement of HSI's broad array of investigative authority. Your primary jurisdiction includes the protection of the United States and its citizens by deterring, interdicting, and investigating threats arising from the movement of people and goods into and out of the United States. This includes oversight of investigations related to national security, financial, and smuggling violations, including illegal arms exports, commercial fraud, alien/human trafficking, narcotics smuggling, cyber crimes, child pornography/exploitation, and immigration fraud.
· Establish and implement specific action plans to accomplish investigative goals and objectives.
· Develop investigative procedures and techniques and provide policy guidance to subordinate supervisors. You will be primarily responsible for the direction and management of large-scale operations to efficiently achieve specified goals and objectives.
· Coordinate law enforcement activities with the highest levels of Federal, state, and local government and with international law enforcement organizations. This coordination includes integrating ICE functions with other elements of law enforcement, intelligence collection and dissemination, and field operations.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with various high-level individuals, including members of Congress and their staffs, other legislative and executive agencies, executives of major corporations, and distinguished members of the public.
· Establish and maintain close and cooperative working relationships with agency or department management officials, government agencies, and other institutions with related interests, in order to advance the programs and objectives of the agency.
· Ensure mission effectiveness through the strategic and effective management of a supporting budget. Monitor the personnel, budgetary, and logistical needs of HSI field assets.
· Exercise full range of managerial and supervisory authorities available for the effective management of the human resources element of the HSI program. Provide technical and administrative supervision to a staff of subordinate managers.
For an overview of the diverse responsibilities ICE carries out within the Government, visit our website at http: //www.ice.gov.