About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Coordinates duties involved in the receipt, inspection, storage, inventory, preparation and delivery of food and dietary supplements, forage, and bedding materials.
- Establishes and monitors a system of ordering, issue, preparation, and delivery of all items from the Commissary to the animal units.
- Acts as the second line supervisor in the absence of the Commissary Manager.
- Participates in education, outreach, and research activities of the Department.
- Assures the sanitation of the unit, and monitoring systems in place to maintain the bio-security of the food inventory.
- Responsible for the daily care and feeding of assigned animals