Diagnostics & Therapeutics Careline
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1074494
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
Full Time Physical Therapist Job at the VA Medical Center in Syracuse, NY. As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
Note: The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-11. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-7 to GS-11. The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority. The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
The Physical Therapist is assigned to the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service at the Syracuse VA Medical Center. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides professional, independent physical therapy services to the patients receiving outpatient services.
- Receives patient referrals and provides evaluation, performs tests and implements a comprehensive treatment plan for patients in a timely manner.
- Utilizes evaluation data to implement comprehensive patient treatment plans, involving patient in a goal-setting process when feasible.
- Plans and carries out the full range of treatment where therapeutic objectives are complex and procedures involved require the application of highly specialized skills and knowledge.
- Modifies treatment plans according to evaluative findings on an ongoing basis to meet established goals.
- Coordinates and employs several treatment approaches simultaneously to accomplish complex treatment objectives.
- Recognizes adverse reactions to treatment and initiates effective action immediately.
- Assesses patients for durable medical equipment, adaptive/assistive devices and other recommended therapeutic equipment.
- Responsible for procurement of equipment/devices, issuance of equipment, education and training in equipment functions, troubleshooting, cleaning and maintenance of equipment and proper documentation.
- Provides education, instruction and training to patients, their family or caregiver in the appropriate use of equipment, exercise programs and rehabilitation techniques.
- Works within a multidisciplinary treatment team consulting on and communicating patient status and attending meetings.
- Schedules patients for treatment.
- May participate in specialty program such clinical instructor, Polytrauma program, Amputation System of Care program
- Responsible for the care, upkeep and sanitation of equipment in assigned work area.
- Ensures adequate supplies are available.
- Compiles with policies regarding documentation and coding of patient care provided using electronic system and other appropriate communication methods.
- Occasionally operates government motor vehicle.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and within scope of practice.