The Division Director for Investigations, OPR:
· Serves as the primary advisor to the OPR Assistant Director and Deputy Assistant Director on all criminal and administrative workforce integrity investigations related to violations of United States criminal code, Federal regulations, and agency policy and procedures.
· Develops, implements, oversees, and reviews all policies, procedures, and guidelines concerning workforce integrity investigative activities to be conducted by OPR.
· Provides guidance on investigative activities and operations of field assets and advises the Assistant Director and Deputy Assistant Director on all significant developments, trends, and patterns in criminal activity over which OPR has primary jurisdiction.
· Manages all OPR Special Agents in Charge as well as Headquarters investigative programs, including Investigative Support and Operational Support in furtherance of OPR investigations.
· Coordinates workforce integrity investigative activities that transcend geographical limitations of OPR field assets; mediates and resolves any and all intra-and interagency conflicts with regards to investigative matters.
· Monitors the personnel, budgetary, and logistical needs of OPR field assets and advises the Assistant Director and Deputy Assistant Director of any actual or anticipated shortfalls.
· Develops short and long range investigative operational plans for review and approval by the OPR Assistant Director and Deputy Assistant Director OPR. Coordinates and, where possible, integrates investigative operations with other ICE programs.
· Provides guidance and leadership to subordinate directors in the establishment of goals for their various functions.
· Reviews organizational structure and functional responsibilities of OPR. Considers realignment recommendations and makes changes as needed.
· Counsels senior management staff and officials at multiple levels of the agency as well as other Federal, state, and local government agencies, and private sector clients and vendors on matters within OPR's purview and jurisdiction. Advises on appropriate methods and techniques to be implemented to achieve program goals and objectives.
For an overview of the diverse responsibilities ICE carries out within the Government, visit our website at http://www.ice.gov