About the Agency
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1078948
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
This vacancy is for Gastroenterologist (Physician) positions at the Albany Stratton VAMC. This vacancy will be used to fill a few full-time permanent appointments. Functional Statement for the position is Albany VAMC Gastroenterologist Physician # F9041.
The Department of Veterans Affairs is an employer of choice as a center of excellence in patient care, education and research. We value trust, respect, commitment, compassion, and excellence; we value you. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.va.gov.NOTE: Applicant's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel in determining the salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
A recruitment incentive may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
Position may be filled prior to the closing date. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible for this vacancy. Applications will be reviewed every two weeks. If filled prior to the closing date, recruitment will be terminated.
The Gastroenterologist will:
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower endoscopy, including, stent placement, PEGs, and dilation.
- Teach and supervise undergraduates and graduates including fellows and residents
- Responsible for management of diagnostic, preventative and/or therapeutic gastroenterological and endoscopic services
- Perform indicated services for gastroenterological and endoscopic conditions in both the operating room and clinical settings.
- Maintain good diagnostic, judgmental and therapeutic acumen at all times
- Management of a subsection of Gastroenterology patients, with the subsection being defined either by a disease status or demographic status.
- Exercises corporate citizenship by serving as a leader and/or active member on Medical Center committees as requested.
- Document timely notes and encounter forms in all areas in accordance with facility policy.