Job Title: Transportation Security Administration Representative (TSAR)Job Announcement Number: HQ-OGS-14-731900-ESO
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Transportation Security Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, March 20, 2014 to
Wednesday, April 02, 2014
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Mexico City, MexicoView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Open to all U.S. Citizens.
Salary listed includes Locality Pay of 24.22%.
DUTY LOCATION: Mexico City, Mexico.
About the Agency
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click Here
- 25% or Greater
- TSAR's may be required to conduct frequent international travel.
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- You must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret security clearance/SCI.
- You must pass Drug Screening, subject to random drug tests.
- This is an Emergency Essential position.
- You must be able to obtain a medical clearance for international work.
DUTIES:Back to top
This position serves as a Transportation Security Administration Representative (TSAR) assigned to the International Operations (IO) Division, Office of Global Strategies (OGS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As a TSAR, you will serve as the on-site Transportation Security Representative for assignments located outside the continental United States in Mexico City, Mexico. You will serve under the administrative supervision of the Regional Manager for an Area of Responsibility (AOR) and you will have overall responsibility for developing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with U.S. and foreign government officials to promote consistency with international security standards, foreign government requirements, and TSA regulatory programs. You will be considered a technical subject matter expert in a broad range of highly complex transportation security issues for host countries within the assigned AOR. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Liaison: Serving as the primary Transportation Security Representative of TSA for foreign governments and embassy officials, ensuring attainment of international security standards, sharing best practices, serving as the on-site coordinator for the TSA/DHS response team to transportation-related terrorist incidents and threats, coordinating the dissemination of threats or security related information, representing TSA with U.S. and international stakeholders engaged in transportation security activities, developing TSA/DHS positions through coordination and communication on a wide range of highly complex transportation security issues, and facilitating Federal Air Marshal (FAM) operations in foreign airports.
- Analysis: Planning and carrying out complex analytical reviews involving international transportation security issues and coordinating with TSA Headquarters to identify and mitigate threats to the international security system, developing engagement strategies for countries within the AOR. Developing and presenting briefings, speeches, issue papers, country profiles and background/talking points on a wide range of issues of interest to high level officials.
- Networking: Developing stakeholder networks and cultivating effective relationships to manage crisis situations and resolve complex and potentially controversial transportation security issues involving the international community.
- Program Management: Planning and formulating proposed mitigation options for transportation security issues and foreign activities with the potential to impact U.S. transportation security objectives, security research and development programs and presenting options for review by leadership. Conducting in-depth and timely analyses of National Civil Aviation Security, Quality Control, Training, and other transportation security programs for assigned countries; providing extensive assistance to host governments to improve the security of international transportation security systems.
- Resource Management: Serving as budget and resource manager for the AOR and preparing funding requests, justifications, and advance estimates on AOR program requirements. Providing technical and administrative guidance and direction to contract employees.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the SV-K Pay Band (equivalent to GS-15), you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-J Pay Band or GS-14 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience includes experience interpreting, developing, and/or applying transportation security policy or programs in an enforcement, investigation, inspection or compliance arena. Such work may have included managing a transportation security program, providing legal advice or consultation on transportation security policy, serving as an advisor to management or leadership on transportation security programs, or providing legal or inspection work in accordance with transportation security compliance requirements.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: In addition to the qualification requirements, a Selective Placement Factor will be used to determine minimum qualifications. If you do not possess the following requirement, you will not be given further consideration for this position: Candidates must be proficient with speaking and understanding spoken Spanish. Candidates who are referred for selection consideration will be required to demonstrate their Spanish language proficiency during an interview, some portions of which will be conducted in Spanish.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the job opportunity announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required for this position. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and any supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your category placement may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
PLEASE NOTE: ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MUST BE RECEIVED IN OUR OFFICE BY 11:59PM ET (Eastern Time) ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT. IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION BY THE CLOSING DATE, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Your application MUST include:1.
Resume: Uploaded resumes will not be accepted for this position. You must create and submit your resume using USAJOBS Resume Builder.
This resume may be reused for future applications. Click Here: USAJOBS Resume Builder 2. Self Assessment Questionnaire
for this position.3. Applicable supporting documents (see Required Documents Section).
Click the "Apply Online" button below and follow the prompts to apply. If you are unable to access the automated application system, we may need to reset your password. Please contact the TSA HRAccess Executive Services Office (ESO) Help Desk at 1-877-872-7991 (TDD 877-872-7992) between the hours of: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
If you are unable to apply online, please call the ESO Help Desk at the number listed above for assistance.
In addition to a resume and the assessment questions, you must submit copies of the following documents as applicable if you are applying based on current or former Federal government status and/or veterans' preference.
1. SF-50: If applying for Internal or Status consideration, all except current TSA employees must submit their most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, (or equivalent document). If you elect Internal or Status consideration of your application without submitting an SF-50 demonstrating a tenure code of "1" or "2" in block 24, your application may not receive this type of consideration. TSA employees must also have tenure codes of "1" or "2" but may omit attaching an SF-50.
2. DD-214: If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, provide a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy 4) "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty", or other appropriate documentation to prove your entitlement and to provide verification of an Honorable Discharge. Failure to provide this documentation verifying qualifying service will result in your application not receiving 5-point preference.
3. SF-15 and VA Letter: If you are claiming Veterans' Preference based upon a Compensable Disability, Widow or Spouse Entitlement, or as a Purple Heart recipient, you must submit your DD-214 or other proof of entitlement; an SF-15, and the required proof of disability, i.e., Department of Veterans Affairs letter dated 1991 or later. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 10-point preference.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We will notify you of the outcome of these steps when they have been completed. You may also check your application status by visiting the Candidate Dashboard.