About the Agency
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services. We are looking for highly qualified individuals to meet the challenges of expanding electronic services and processes to our customers and the American public.
**PLEASE NOTE: This announcement will remain open until filled with an initial cut-off date of Thursday, April 3, 2014. Cut off dates after this date will be determined on an as needed basis. You will be considered only once. In order to be considered for the entire open period, you must reapply after each cutoff date.
The Contact Representatives assist in government-wide debt collection to reduce the amount of delinquent debt owed to the Federal government through efficient processes and quality customer service. The call center is a fast paced operation environment handling inbound and outbound Cross Servicing and Treasury Offset Program (TOP) calls. These positions are part of the Unified Call Center, Collection Center East located in Birmingham, AL.
As a Contact Representative, you will:
- Provide basic procedural and technical responses to inquiries by telephone to debtors regarding Treasury Offset or Cross Servicing Programs. Explain the provisions of the Debt Collection Improvement Act of 1996
- Assist customers through inbound calls with questions or issues regarding debt accounts received via phone contact
- Perform searches for addresses, phone numbers and other skip tracing functions concerning debtors, using state of the art tools such as LexisNexis Accurint
- Perform searches for debtor information using the Treasury Offset Web Client and FedDebt
- Process financial transactions on debtor accounts