About the Agency
These positions are located in the Office of Energy Market Regulation (OEMR) in one of the three regional Electric Power Regulation Divisions (East, Central or West) or The Division of Pipeline Regulation. OEMR serves the public interest by providing leadership and vision in promoting market solutions to regulating economic and operational activity in natural gas pipeline, oil pipeline and electric power markets.
This position is included in the bargaining unit.
- Perform work individually or as a member of a team
- Work on multiple projects that are assigned concurrently and you will act in a different capacity on each, as need dictates
- Assists in the review and analysis of routine economic data and other regulatory documents associated with Commission filings to define basic economic issues and other factors affecting regulatory compliance
- Assists in preparing economic and statistical summaries or studies for use by senior staff as an aid in decision making and for use in memoranda and orders
- Prepares memoranda to the Commission on, the simpler more routine filings with supervisory guidance as required
- Provides support to teams engaged in completing assignments concerning economic issues associated with the regulation of energy industries. The incumbent performs research, fact finding, and analysis of limited complexity. Studies sections of the law, regulations, policy directives, rulings and precedents forming the basis for Commission decisions and policies
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Occasional Travel
- Some travel may be required.