· Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of NPS park operations, including all program development, implementation, and all aspects of accountability
· Plans, directs coordinates and provides executive leadership to park programs and operations
· Responsible for coordinating the activities of subordinate managers, guiding the direction of their efforts, setting priorities, allocating resources, setting standards, evaluating performance, stimulating extra efforts and otherwise maintaining an effective, efficient organization with active programs serving the public interest and mandates of higher authorities
· Provides leadership in development of policies, standards and procedures which govern the professional conduct of work related to the administration and implementation of programs, including, but not limited to the functional areas of park maintenance, preservation, resource management (natural and cultural), visitor services, safety/risk management, law enforcement and park compendium, partnerships, civic engagement, concessions, human resource management, administration, budget planning and execution, park development, land use and public relations
· Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with Departmental, Federal, and local officials, community leaders, and the general public
· Develops a series of long term plans which includes management of operations, park development, and long term funding and staffing levels
· Directs overall operations and is responsible for formulation and execution of an annual base operating budget which exceeds over $9 million dollars .
· Advances the NPS goals of nurturing lifelong connections between the public and parks while working in our Nations Capital, a dynamic urban area